We are almost to RaceDay!!! It’s really hard to believe it’s just a little over a week! We hope you have your rosters ready, people signed up, have scheduled at least one practice, and your fundraising is in high gear! The cut off time for funds raised to count towards receiving a medal will be Friday, June 21st, at 12 noon (but that doesn’t mean STOP!).
Now for the fun things to talk about!!
1) Awards…. In addition to medals there will be recognition/prizes for the following;
– Best Team T-Shirt Design
– Best Decorated Tent
– Team Spirit Award
– Best Costumed Drummer
– Most Money Raised by a Drummer on RaceDay
– Fastest Community Team
– Fastest RaceTtime
– Top Fundraising Team
– Top Individual Fundraiser
– The Hallelujah Cup – competing churches
– Heartbeat of the County Cup – competing teams representing medically-related organizations
– Apollo Fitness Cup – competing gyms
3) Activity Fun….
– Group warm-up exercise prior to racing
– Lunch time entertainment by the Charleston Taiko Drummers
– Line Dancing & Yoga
The Drummer Parade will be part of the opening ceremonies. Drummers will be lined up at 7:50A.M. in front of the stage. If for some reason, your Drummer does not want to participate please let us know.
Now for your attachment pleasure, because we know y’all are wondering about these items……….
– RaceDay Schedule
– Downtown Parking Map (Note: it’s not shown on the map, but there is a “park all day pay lot” on the corner of Craven and West Street, about 2 blocks back from WaterFront Park.)
We’lll send a final update next week, which will include the actual Racing Schedule and a map of the Athlete’s Village.
We’re really very excited you’ve chosen to participate and be part of RaceDay to support our Outreach Mission. So please get your family, paddlers, friends, colleagues to Donate, Donate, Donate! Every little bit helps!
See you at practice!!!
Chris & Darlene
PS — all Captains’ Update emails are now posted on the website under “Captains Updates” along the top bar.